On April 14th 2017 and after months of negotiations, the Al Shiddi Group entered into an agreement with Accorhotels, the world's leading French hotel chain, and therewith ensured bringing the luxury Swissotel for branding the 218-room Sarajevo City Center hotel, which will now be known as the Swissôtel, Sarajevo.
Swissôtel is a global luxury hotel chain with 5+ stars whose investment in SCC will position Sarajevo and Bosnia and Herzegovina as the new elite tourist destination; now even with the best tourist destinations of the world when it comes to offer, service and accommodation facilities.
Swissôtel Sarajevo will offer the following:
1. Creation of 200 direct and 400 indirect jobs,
2. Presentation of Sarajevo as a new destination with facilities for world-class conferences and congresses, with the support of its European partners,
3. Introduction of a new category of luxury sectional in the tourist offer of the Sarajevo Canton, now with one of the best hotels in the Balkans within the French chain Accor,
4. Further growth and commitment of the Al Shiddi Group to the development and training of the local workforce to bring the best brands of the world to Bosnia and Herzegovina, ie. the capital city of Sarajevo, and
5. Creating new sources of tax revenue for the development of the Sarajevo Canton and its infrastructure.
Interiors of Swissotel are designed by the English company "Scott Brownrigg Associates" with extensive experience in high-end hotel development in Europe.
"This is an exciting entry of the Swissôtel brand to a new market and perfect addition to our portfolio for destinations across Europe," said Duncan O'Rourke, COO of luxury brands in Europe for Accorhotels. Accorhotels is the largest hotel company in Europe with its 250,000 employees and over 4,000 hotels and resorts.